First apologies, it's been far to long since I last blogged. Must do better, must do better! I'm suddenly all committed to the cause of Mummy's Little Helper and hoping that I can gain some momentum to be updating this blog every day. Well, that's the plan, and I'd love it to be reality, so be the change you want to see I say, let's go blogging mad!
In the meantime let's address what is important in your world and not mine - summer holidays!
It doesn't matter how old your child is you are affected by the summer holidays. Even if you child isn't of school age most groups will have a change of timetable over the summer so it's good to check before you go to regular groups and find out if they are still running.
You can check the timetables for your local children's centre online here. It's good to check your local one even if your kids are of school age now as some of them are putting on events for kids of all ages and ones specially for older kids.
Check your local area to see what's on. I've found a great little timetable for Wolverton and the surrounding areas where most providers of children's activities have got together to publish a week by week guide to what is going on locally.
Some classes run all summer, so if you are a regular at Musical Monkeys, Tatty Bumpkin, Crafty Cooks or Rag Dolly Annas then classes are running throughout the summer. Some also welcome older children along with the little ones, so check directly with them for more details.
Getting out and about can totally save your sanity, so why not spend some quality time in the park? The Parks Trust are running events for children throughout the summer from fun days and walks through to open air theatre and cinema. Lots of events are free, and lots of workshops are just a few pounds, but booking is essential so check their website for more details.
Continuing with the great outdoors why not visit some local forests? Salcey Forest is close by and boasts a range of walks and paths for cycles as well as a cafe, playground and treetop walkway. Parking in the main carpark is £3 for the whole day but other carparks around the forest are free.
Can't quite make it away this summer? Don't worry, there is no reason that you shouldn't still be able to go to the beach. Until 31st August in Middleton Hall, centre:MK you can visit the Summer Beach 2011 complete with deckchairs!
I hope these have given you some ideas. If you have any others or top tips of your own, please post them and I'll add them in!
No comments:
Post a Comment